Sunday, September 15

Butter Shortbread Cookies

Since that day I posted that Roasted Pork Belly (Sio Bak), I'm always wanting to write one post bout this butter cookies. Why? Coz I did those things in one day, means, I was baking those together in the meantime.

So, did you ever tried Chessmen Cookies from Pepperidge farm?
Omggg, it's so flavourful with awesome texture! Since I last tried this cookies, I always wanted to purchase it again!

However, I discover that this cookies rarely sell in Malaysia, and it's also quite costly, so I decided to make it myself, with only plenty of ingredients, but it didn't really tasted like the former I ate, plus, IT WAS CHARRED! Duh...........
Even so, it did taste good.

This is actually a pretty easy recipe and i just made it for less than an hour, and I didn't even use mixer, instead, with my own hands. Plus, I place it into the freezer for less than 10 minutes to allow it to turn a little
stiffyyyyyyy

As seen in the photo, I just use a knife to cut the dough using a knife, KEEP IT SIMPLE WEIH =P
I pasted some yolk on the surface

Now you know why I said must keep checking it out  photo 13-1_zps19ec5504.gif

Here is the video,


▷ One should always check out for the color of the cookies surface, avoid frequent open of the glass door.
▷ Always poke holes an the cookies surface with fork before sending it into the oven

Recipe:
Ingredients:
Weak flour/soft flour/hi-ratioflour 100g
Butter (room temperature) 65g/merely half stick
Powdered sugar 35g/I replaced it with caster sugar, but you will get better result using powdered one
Milk 2tbsp

Step by step with me:
① Sieve the flour before mixing it with the other ingredients.
② Make the dough into rectangular shape,you can straight away make this step on the baking tray, but remember to spray cooking sprays or apply a layer of butter before doing this step on the tray and make sure leave some space for the following steps.
③ Freeze it for 10-15 minutes and preheat the oven to 180℃.
④ Remove it from freezer, cut the dough into smaller rectangular shape, just like the normal cookies size.
⑤ Bake them for about 20 minutes or until the surface are showing some golden brown color.

or you prefer to view the Chinese version: http://qingbaobei.pixnet.net/blog/post/12920427

Alert: Always check the condition of the cookies to avoid it being scorched!

No comments:

Post a Comment